Monday, January 23, 2012

MOODY MONDAY

So I know it has been awhile and my mom is worried that I'm not doing well, but I think it is a good thing. I'm not constantly checking and wondering where I am at. I'm going to have to rethink whether or not I need Moody Monday anymore. I am YELLOW in case you were wondering. I took a little trip down to Tucson on Friday with my amazing mother-in-law. I went to share my story at a training on perinatal mood disorders. My cousin Tiffany who lives in Tucson also came to watch me. So I had my own little audience! I didn't know she was going to do this, but my MIL recorded me when it was my turn. I hate watching and hearing myself on video, but I know there are several people that would like to see this so I will put it on here, and like I've said before I just hope that my story will help other moms not be afraid to reach out and talk to someone and get help when they are suffering. It was so not worth holding on to all that pain just because I was embarrassed and afraid of what people would think of me. It does get better! You are not alone!

3 comments:

Kendra said...

I'm glad to hear you're doing good. I won't worry anymore. :) I'm glad you had your own personal audience and that AN recorded you speaking. I enjoyed listening to your story.

Preschool Patch said...

yay for yellow and many more future yellows!!!

glad you shared your video! Nothing to be embarrassed of!

Holly Noel said...

You really are an inspiration!
I remember through nursing school how much my teacher educated and pushed us to research more about this topic. Once I learned a little.. I began talking to women who had children. I was amazed at how many women struggle with different things after kids. I feel it is a subject that is kept too quiet. I wished more like you would share...so like you said, "it doesn't have to be like this." They can know where to get help.
Thank you- for sharing.
You will be a help to many in the years to come!