Wednesday, May 1, 2013

My Steps to Recovery: See, Believe, Feel, Heal

I'm a visual person. Printed word speaks to me and helps me get in touch with what I'm feeling. I tend to numb everything to get through difficult stuff. I put this collage together when I was in the throes of PPOCD. Lots of conflicting thoughts and emotions. It took awhile but I'm better now.

I consider myself recovered for about a good year, but I think you almost need to recover from recovering. I call this one my vision board. It is framed and hangs on my bedroom wall where I can see it all the time. It keeps me grounded in the things that were able to help me get to a better place. I know I can look at this anytime I'm feeling anxious or depressed and it will direct me back to the knowledge that I have that I am capable of conquering anything.





You are not alone. This isn't your fault. You will get better.
  • If you need immediate help, please call the National Suicide Hotline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
  •  If you are looking for local pregnancy or postpartum support and resources in your area, please call or email us:
Postpartum Support International Warmline (English & Spanish)
1-800-944-4PPD (4773)
support@postpartum.ne

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Julie, this really IS the cutest blog on the block! I love it! You are so creatively talented. I love your post too. It is simply perfect. I am sharing right now. You continue to amaze and inspire me. I'm so grateful to call you my friend. :) xo

Robin M said...

What a fantastic idea to make a visual piece! I love it! If you don't mind, I'd like to incorporate something like this into one of my support group sessions... you've inspired me to inspire them!

Julie said...

Of course Robin! The first collage that is pictured was something that I made at the support group I went to. It was such a great activity for all of us!

KathyMorelli said...

I LOVE your blog! Visual journaling is the bomb!