Thursday, August 8, 2013

Moving Forward

I'm pleased to introduce you to therapist #6 Natasha Helfer Parker AKA "The Mormon Therapist". While I was learning a lot about myself with the last one I felt like I wasn't really getting anywhere, so time to move on. Natasha lives in Kansas so we do therapy over Skype, and actually we call it "coaching" since she isn't licensed in the state of AZ. We have met 3 times so far and it has been great!

The kids started school yesterday! Which means I'm at my 7 year anniversary since the start of PPOCD! Crazy! Yesterday was a good day. I missed the kids. I did some things to take care of myself and stayed busy.

Last week I signed up to be a Pure Romance consultant! Ooh la la. Let me know if you want to have a party, or you can just purchase through my page. www.juliebrinton.pureromance.com I don't think I will do much with it, but I think it might be a fun thing to do here and there.

I'm doing well. At group this week I got emotional which doesn't usually happen. I was listening to other moms tell their stories and I started to cry because I was feeling the emotions of their experiences. I didn't have any emotions when I was going through my experience. I had to numb out in order to survive. It was like I was feeling the pain of what I had gone through for the first time. It was nice to be feeling something. Thinking about the kids going back to school I think also played a role in getting emotional.

Happy weekend! It's our 13 year wedding anniversary and I'm looking forward to being with Rob all weekend long! Love him!

2 comments:

Kendra said...

Happy Anniversary! You are absolutely BEAUTIFUL in your picture on your Pure Romance page! I seriously love it!!

Heather said...

Hi Julie! I hope you enjoyed the rest of your summer! My name is Heather and I just have a quick question about your blog! My email is Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com