Wednesday, January 19, 2011

MOODY MONDAY-WEDNESDAY EDITION

I'm at a 2 GREEN today. I've been feeling pretty good. The intrusive thoughts are still decreasing. I've gone entire days without having one, and it feels awesome! Yay for Zoloft! I had therapy yesterday and we started a process called EMDR. You can read more about it at http://www.emdr.com/.


I had a great weekend! I went to LA with 22 other women from my husbands side of the family. We had so much fun! We went to a taping of Minute to Win It and we got to take a picture with the host of the show. The rest of the time I spent relaxing in the hotel and shopping the LA Fashion District. I found 4 purses that I just had to have:)







Anyways, now it's time for me to pack my bags for Idaho. I'm still a little nervous about this trip, but it should be fun. I'm excited to spend some time with just me and my little sister. I'm gonna miss her when she is gone:( I don't know if I have talked about this before, but I believe my sister was given to me for a reason. When I was in the depths of PPOCD she was there to pick up the pieces. When I felt like I couldn't do the mom thing anymore she was there to play with the kids and keep them happy. It was always such a relief when Emily would come home from school. It meant that I had made it through another day without doing something stupid. And by stupid I mean hurting my children. It was always my greatest fear that I was going to harm my own children. Now I know that I never was going to, but when I was having the thoughts, pictures, and video clips playing over and over in my head I wasn't so sure. I didn't know what was happening to me and I was too ashamed to tell anyone. I'm so thankful for how far I have come and for the support of my family. I couldn't be doing it without them. Have a great day!

1 comment:

Crissybug said...

I am so glad you are making some progress. EMDR sounds like it will be pretty effective. I am so thankful that you found your therapist. She really seems to know what to do to help you through this.

I hope you have a great time with Emily. She really has been a blessing in disguise. I wish her the best of luck with her audition.

I hope you realize how amazing you are. You have been put through alot, and weather you think so or not...you are fantastic. I thankful to cheer you through your journey. And also for not being afraid to share it anymore. I wish that I would have known all the turmoil that you were going through. I only want the best for you, and want you to be happy! I love you Jules. Thanks for being the person you are.

Oh...and I want to see your purses!