Monday, February 21, 2011

MOODY MONDAY

4Pink I'm feeling slightly discouraged. I had therapy on Friday and I told my therapist that I want to start coming down on some of my meds and she kinda flipped out on me. She doesn't think that it would be a very good idea at this point. She said a lot of people go off there meds the second they are feeling better and then they slip back. My response to this is been there done that. I'm glad that I can look back on my blog to see where I have been and learn from past mistakes. The last time I was on medication I came off too soon and wound up with more problems than when I started. My heart is telling me that she is right and that I need to listen to the professionals. My mind is telling me that it has been a year and that I should be able to handle it without the meds now. I want to do it right this time. I see the NP tomorrow and we will be having this discussion. I guess I just want to know that there is a plan and that I have some reasonable goals set for myself.

I also told my therapist how I got sad and was crying over my issues with my mom. I asked if it was okay to still have these sad angry feelings over the situation and her answer was absolutely. She said it's called having feelings. It was kind of a light bulb moment for me. It brought a smile to my face to realize that I had felt something and that I didn't let it get out of control. My therapist thought that it was fantastic!

My homework is to type up my story that I want to share for the survivors panel that I will be on coming up at the end of March. I'll make sure to post it when I'm done. Have a great week!

No comments: