Sunday, October 31, 2010

Fear

For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
2 Timothy 1:7

In therapy this week we talked a little bit about fear, and how I have let fear control my life. I can see that my fears keep me stuck in this cycle of depression. For me to do anything beyond what I have already done in order to be stable would be really hard. I'm quite comfortable in my box, and for me to get out of the box will be painful. It will require me to make some real changes. Something I haven't done with my last 3 therapists. This time has to be different. I want to be well for myself, husband, and children. My family is worth fighting for and so am I.

My homework assignment is to identify 3 things that I would like to try just for fun. It can't involve mental health. I'm already good at that. I attend the PPD support group, and I volunteer for the warmline. Both are great ways for me to get out of the box, but what can I do for fun. So far I have come up with taking a sewing class. What's something you have always wanted to try? If you have any great ideas please share them with me.

I hope you're having a great Halloween weekend! I'll see you tomorrow for Moody Monday.