Monday, December 6, 2010

MOODY MONDAY

2 GREEN This wont be long. It's my daughters birthday today and I'm busy getting ready for the party tonight. I can't believe she is 5 years old already. I feel like I missed out on a lot over the past 5 years. I was here physically, but mentally I was somewhere else. I'm still trying to get over the guilt of feeling like a bad mom. I know that I'm being too hard on myself given what was happening to me at the time. I'm happy to say that I am in a better place now. I'm more present with my children. I enjoy doing things with them. Sometimes my kids talk too much and it's real easy for me to checkout and not really pay attention to what they're saying, so I'm working on focusing on what is being said and validating their thoughts and feelings, and I can tell that they notice a difference in me when I do that. It feels good to be a mom:) Gotta go. Have a great day!

No comments: