Wednesday, December 1, 2010

I SURVIVED

So last night I ended up at the Target pharmacy with 5 prescriptions in hand. One for me, 2 for my daughter, and 2 for my son. My daughter had a dr. app. yesterday because for the past 3 weeks she has had some nasty stuff growing in 2 of her fingernails. Turns out it is a staph infection. Fabulous! :( I decided that I was gonna be supermom and take all 3 kids to the app. While we are there my son's asthma decides to flare up. While the dr. is looking at my daughter's fingernails he is asking if I would like him to look at my son. He said you would have to wait for me to finish up with the rest of my patients. I decided that it would probably be best for my son to get checked out even though I dreaded the wait. I am proud to say that I survived being with all 3 of my children in an 8x8 room for 3 hours. We read stories, played I-spy, and got lots of drinks. My favorite part was when my 5 year old ran out into the hall and yelled what is taking you people so long! I scolded him for being so rude, but inside I was wondering the same thing! Anyways I think yesterday was a big step for me. I didn't let anxiety take over. I interacted with my children. We did things to stay busy, and the whole experience ended up not being too bad. Have a great day!

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Glad things went well!! Sounds like you had great success in the keeping-them-entertained department.

It stinks being stuck in a tiny room FOREVER waiting for the doctor!! I think my girls' favorite passtime while waiting was playing on the doctor's wheeled "chair." It was always so hard to keep them occupied because I didn't really want them touching anything in the room.

I hope the medicine kicks in quick and you guys are feeling MUCH better soon!! :)~