Monday, October 24, 2011

MOODY MONDAY


I'm not going to give a color to my mood today. I honestly don't know how I would rate where I am at. The last few days have been very sad for our family. One of the greatest men I have ever known, my father in law, passed away suddenly at work on Friday. It broke my heart to sit down with our children and tell them that their grandpa had died. My husband did a wonderful job at bearing his testimony to our kids about the knowledge that we have that grandpa is in heaven and that we will see him again someday. I love this man with all my heart. I have known him for half of my life. He was like a second Dad to all of my brothers and sisters. He raised my brother Brian as if he was his own son. He was such a great example to all that he came in contact with and he will be greatly missed.



This is a picture of all the grandchildren that we had framed for grandpa's 60th birthday just over a week ago. He was so proud of all his grandchildren. My father in law is an avid Chicago Cubs fan so we had these t-shirts made for the kids to wear. It says Grandpa's Favorite Cubs. Grandpa loved these kids so much and we pray that they will be able to hang on to the memories that they have with their grandpa.

I'm so thankful for the knowledge that I have that families are together forever! Love you Dad!

1 comment:

Kendra said...

I'm with you. He was/is such a great man. It's a sad loss but he left such a great legacy. I hope you, your kids, and all the other family are doing as well as can be expected. You are constantly in our thoughts and prayers.