Monday, May 30, 2011

MOODY MONDAY

SCHOOLS OUT! Yea for summer! Even better is the color YELLOW! So far so good on the Deplin. My mind feels clearer. I started keeping a thought journal so that I can better track how often the intrusive thoughts are happening, what they are about, and how they make me feel. I've never really tracked them before, and my therapist and the NP always ask how are the thoughts, and I don't think I've ever given them an accurate answer to that question. Hopefully by doing this we will all have a better look at what is really happening in my brain. I thought that the thoughts would increase if I was watching out for them, but so far it has shown me that they aren't as often or severe as they used to be. Out of the last six days I've had two days without any thoughts. The other four days I had 1-2 thoughts a day, and out of all those thoughts only two really bothered me. The two that bothered me were accompanied with mental images while the rest of the thoughts were not. So if I can stop the thought before it gets to the mental image stage then my anxiety doesn't increase and I'm able to not let the thought affect me. All good things to know.

Have a wonderful week! Oh and I found joy in having some alone time while my husband took the kids up north for the weekend. Bless my husband he really knows how to have a good time with the kids. Thanks babe. I love you!

1 comment:

Staci said...

Yay for yellow! The thought journal sounds like a good idea.